ESC Fall Protection
Falls from height are among the most common causes of serious work-related injuries and deaths in the workplace. This comprehensive fall protection training was developed to meet the highest standards for training in most Canadian jurisdictions using Canadian Standards Associations (CSA) Z259.
Designed to educate the worker in the planning, use, care and implementation of common fall protection systems, it includes both theory and practical application exercises. Participants will engage in hands-on training activities, including inspecting, fitting, adjusting and connecting fall protection systems and components.
Intended for workers working at height.
Includes provincial OHS legislation, ANSI and CSA standards. Valid for 3 years.
- Identification and assessment of fall protection systems and components
- Calculate clearance distances
- Care, maintenance, and pre-use inspection of equipment
- Physically capable of performing the required exercises: Donning harness, weighting a harness
- Capable of reading, writing and understanding English
- Pass written exam with a minimum score of 70%