Flagger certified by ACSA
This one day course is designed for individuals who are involved in day-to-day operations where workers and the general public are exposed to traffic hazards created by vehicles and/or equipment.
Safety precautions must be implemented for the protection of personnel who come into contact with the construction zone. This course provides information about standardized flagger procedures in the construction industry in Alberta.
Course topics include:
- legislated responsibilities of the employer and the flagger
- developing a training program for workers with varying levels of flagging experience
- a flagger’s responsibility to protect themselves, co-workers and the general public
- correct flagging practices, procedures, equipment and clothing
- communicating with co-workers and the general public
- dealing with emergency vehicles and other exceptional situations
This course has a written exam component. Participants must achieve a minimum score of 80% for course certification. Certification allows the trainer to conduct Flagger training using ACSA materials. Trainer re-certification is required every three years by taking the one day course again.